In his book, "Saga of a Suffolk Soldier", he described finding the Officer Commanding to be Lt Colonel Anstee of the Beds and Herts Regiment.
The old Suffolk Regiment Training Centre had been merged with the Beds and Herts ITC in July, 1942, and based in Bury.
However, building materials and skilled labour were in short supply.
Work began everywhere on building new housing, and at first the emphasis was on speed.
The local air training squadron had its gliding school moved here from Westley, although it had been used for gliding purposes for several years as an adjunct to Westley.
Tuddenham closed for flying in November 1946, but would return to duty in 1954.
On 6th January 1946, Arthur Boreham was posted to the 3rd Infantry Training Centre at Bury St Edmunds.
In September 1946 Stradishall reverted to 3 Group and five squadrons of Lancasters were based here until February 1949.
In April 1946 Numbers 149 and 207 Squadrons had arrived at RAF Tuddenham, although only on half strength.
This meant that of the 122 bases of the Mighty Eighth, it was the last to be vacated.
In March 1946 RAF Transport Command moved in at Honington, and the base would become crucial to the Berlin Airlift of 1948-49.